Check out some of MarTar's News links below:
June 23, 2014
- Autism Speaks has announced recipients of the Swimming and Water Safety Scholarship Fund. MarTar Swim School was the only swim school in Maryland selected in this latest round of scholarships awarded to swim schools around the country. Fantastic work is being done at MarTar Swim School to help individuals with autism by providing swimming and water safety lessons!
- Click HERE to listen to an interview of Tara Girch by WBAL's John Patti where they discussed the vital importance of being safer around water regardless of age. Drowning is preventable! Listen to find out how. May is "Water Safety Month"!
- Real Look Autism has a new video that starts 2014 off with a splash. Daniel has autism and also has a love for the water! Watch as he learns to swim and function in a non-school setting. Click on the picture below to watch this incredible video!
- The Baltimore Sun has a brief article covering the recent "One Step Closer Autism Walk & 5K Run" held at Centennial Park in Columbia, Maryland. MarTar was present and handed out fliers while supporting the Howard County Autism Society.
- TMI Salt Pure Corporation has posted to their YouTube site two brief client testimonials from Tara and Marty Girch. Click to hear how their innovative Salt Synergy® system was first put to use here at MarTar Swim School!
- WJZ-13 News in Baltimore broadcast the following story about September being National Childhood Obesity Awareness Month and how MarTar Swim School promotes swimming towards good health.
- Click HERE to listen to the live broadcast audio from Insight On Disability aired on WCBM AM680 from MarTar Swim School. Hear from various guests including Senator Allan Kittleman who presented an executive proclemation from County Executive Kenneth Ulman who declared Sunday July 28th as "MarTar Swim School Day". Also be sure to catch here a brief interview segment where three-year-old Michael Gaugh steals the show!
- WMAR-TV ABC News in Baltimore broadcast the following story presenting how the MarTar Swim School is "making a splash just in time for Autism Awareness Month." Hear from Marty & Tara how they left their respective career jobs to pursue their dream to provide swim instruction with an emphasis towards those with special needs. Then hear from parents Alicia & Scott Chernack how their children benefit from the special instruction provided at MarTar Swim School.
- Click HERE to listen to the audio of Marty and Tara as guests on Insight On Disability's broadcast July 22nd on WCBM AM680 as they discuss MarTar Swim School and their unique swim programs designed for those with special needs.
- WBAL-TV in Baltimore broadcast the following video about CertifiKid's new "Special Deals for Special Needs" site where MarTar Swim School is the first business to post a listing on this new site. The deals expires on March 18th so be sure to check it out before then!
- Read about Phi Kappa Sigma's partnership with MarTar Swim School in UMBC's The Retriever Weekly newspaper.
- October 2011 - Tara Girch is presented the US Swim School Association's Humanitarian Award
- Picture - Tara Girch receiving the Humanitarian Award
May 8, 2014
January 6, 2014
December 31, 2013
November 18, 2013
September 20, 2013
September 8, 2013
July 28, 2013
March 20, 2013
July 26, 2012
July 22, 2012
March 13, 2012
February 15, 2012